A big part of my character today is due to the [un]fortunate event of having met certain people. Who are these guys? I am talking about my bloc mates, whom I first met 6 years ago when we were just innocent (yeah right!) freshies. Looking back through the years... and pictures... all of us have changed... for the better? I hope so. :D
So where is everybody now?
Many of us have finished the CoE course we [foolishly] took. Others have chosen to pursue greener pastures and shifted during our 2nd or 3rd year of college, and are just as successful at finishing their studies. Most of my bloc mates now are working, as expected. After a year at Pisay, Ma'am Fil is now at La Salle-Zobel, teaching high school students [how to defend themselves against Lord Voldemort,] English and loving it. Dyan is at Accenture, and Ige is now working in advertising after a year of bumming around. Tin, who already bought herself a CRV, is earning BIG in P&G. Ivan is being a vampire, working throughout the night in a call center. Jed is at Lexmark in his hometown, Cebu. Lara and Ron are both working in BitMicro. Emil has just climbed the Swiss Alps, and I think is bound for Malaysia soon. Some got lucky at work, like Jim, who is earning by sitting and relaxing all day at Astra, and Winston, who gets paid to learn Nihongo under iBridge before he completely turns Japanese. Gordon is looking for tsikas at TrendMicro, Barry is working at Canon, and Cholle is working... I don't know what her work is... sheeesh. Haha
Then there are those who are working while still/again studying. Janus, that's Despi to the non-G23, has yet to finish his last 2 units (ES1) at the college but he's already working at Nara. Euge is working somewhere (I don't know where) and I think has EEE53 left. Ralph, whom I have known to be a chickboy, is a working BA student (His favorite line is, "Gusto mo ng Starbucks coupons?"). Roma is teaching in the beloved halls of the EEE department while pursuing graduate studies. Bevan, also working at BitMicro, has also decided to study MS part time. Crazy old Maurice, a classmate in one of my classes this sem, is likewise doing the same, although he won't tell me where he works.
Of course, there are people who still have to attend to schoolwork. Rex still has his thesis left to finish, just like Allan O. And I am about to join them in the dark phase of life called research. That's for my graduate thesis next sem. Norman has finished school, but is focused on studying for his upcoming ECE board exam.
And there's Joe A, who now has a kid and a family of his own. The others... I only have a vague idea of what they're doing right now. Gerard, they say, is teaching at UPHR. The last time I heard from Jerem, Banjo, Nelson, and Marco was like 2 or 3 years ago... they were still studying then... not in EEE, but still in Engg. As for Ida, I just know she's in Bohol.
Let's talk about love!
Not about past lovelifes though... that would take really long. So, how well did Cupid do his work? Surprisingly, or maybe not, Dyan and Emil are back together again. :D Yay! Fil is now with a guy who teaches at Pisay (tsk... sayang ang Fil-Ige ship). :D Ron is still with our adopted bloc mate, Kelly, who is working at Canon. Maurice is with his longtime girlfriend, whom I haven't met until now (has anybody else in the bloc met her?). I think Ivan is still with Fam, and Jim is with Nina. Ralph is with I don't know who, but I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. Lara awaits for Kyle's return from tour... the same goes for me, one more month before Argel's return from [chick hunting in] Spain. And let's not forget about Norman, who is battling life together with his one true love, Circuit. XD
There you go. Those are my bloc mates, the people who have made my college life exciting and colorful. I just hope I got my facts right. Just correct me if I'm wrong. :D G23 the best!
So where is everybody now?
Many of us have finished the CoE course we [foolishly] took. Others have chosen to pursue greener pastures and shifted during our 2nd or 3rd year of college, and are just as successful at finishing their studies. Most of my bloc mates now are working, as expected. After a year at Pisay, Ma'am Fil is now at La Salle-Zobel, teaching high school students [how to defend themselves against Lord Voldemort,] English and loving it. Dyan is at Accenture, and Ige is now working in advertising after a year of bumming around. Tin, who already bought herself a CRV, is earning BIG in P&G. Ivan is being a vampire, working throughout the night in a call center. Jed is at Lexmark in his hometown, Cebu. Lara and Ron are both working in BitMicro. Emil has just climbed the Swiss Alps, and I think is bound for Malaysia soon. Some got lucky at work, like Jim, who is earning by sitting and relaxing all day at Astra, and Winston, who gets paid to learn Nihongo under iBridge before he completely turns Japanese. Gordon is looking for tsikas at TrendMicro, Barry is working at Canon, and Cholle is working... I don't know what her work is... sheeesh. Haha
Then there are those who are working while still/again studying. Janus, that's Despi to the non-G23, has yet to finish his last 2 units (ES1) at the college but he's already working at Nara. Euge is working somewhere (I don't know where) and I think has EEE53 left. Ralph, whom I have known to be a chickboy, is a working BA student (His favorite line is, "Gusto mo ng Starbucks coupons?"). Roma is teaching in the beloved halls of the EEE department while pursuing graduate studies. Bevan, also working at BitMicro, has also decided to study MS part time. Crazy old Maurice, a classmate in one of my classes this sem, is likewise doing the same, although he won't tell me where he works.
Of course, there are people who still have to attend to schoolwork. Rex still has his thesis left to finish, just like Allan O. And I am about to join them in the dark phase of life called research. That's for my graduate thesis next sem. Norman has finished school, but is focused on studying for his upcoming ECE board exam.
And there's Joe A, who now has a kid and a family of his own. The others... I only have a vague idea of what they're doing right now. Gerard, they say, is teaching at UPHR. The last time I heard from Jerem, Banjo, Nelson, and Marco was like 2 or 3 years ago... they were still studying then... not in EEE, but still in Engg. As for Ida, I just know she's in Bohol.
Let's talk about love!
Not about past lovelifes though... that would take really long. So, how well did Cupid do his work? Surprisingly, or maybe not, Dyan and Emil are back together again. :D Yay! Fil is now with a guy who teaches at Pisay (tsk... sayang ang Fil-Ige ship). :D Ron is still with our adopted bloc mate, Kelly, who is working at Canon. Maurice is with his longtime girlfriend, whom I haven't met until now (has anybody else in the bloc met her?). I think Ivan is still with Fam, and Jim is with Nina. Ralph is with I don't know who, but I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend. Lara awaits for Kyle's return from tour... the same goes for me, one more month before Argel's return from [chick hunting in] Spain. And let's not forget about Norman, who is battling life together with his one true love, Circuit. XD
There you go. Those are my bloc mates, the people who have made my college life exciting and colorful. I just hope I got my facts right. Just correct me if I'm wrong. :D G23 the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment