Monday, November 24, 2008

West Side Story Late Reaction

A long overdue post... :p Hehe

Last October, Argel and I watched West Side Story at the Meralco Theater starring Christian Bautista. It was nice... a little disappointing for me though. I was expecting a little bit more from the production, but that's just probably because the last musical we watched (Avenue Q) was a really great show.

I think Christian Bautista should stay away from any kind of dancing. Joanna Ampil as Maria was exceptional, as was the girl who played Anita (tama ba grammar niyan? anyway...). Christian and Joanna's voices weren't glued enough together during their duets though. To put it into shapes, it was like Joanna's voice was circular, and Christian's triangular (medyo sharp - not sharp-sharp out of tune, but sharp na nakatutusok sa tenga unlike yung voice ni Joanna na soothing pakinggan). Argel's analogy was Joanna's voice was a sine wave, and Christian's a triangular one - very engg-ish. Haha

That's all. I hope the next one we're going to watch is going to be good. We have tickets for the December 6 show of Hairspray. ^__^

No comments: