Thursday, September 14, 2006

Action!

Yesterday, I caught the last barilan scenes of Bong Revilla's action movie Batas mo ang Katapat ko (not sure about the title) on tv. It followed the last action scene formula of pinoy action movies - abandoned warehouse/factory setting, action star outnumbered, leading lady held captive, action star (somehow) gets hold of a weapon, leading lady breaks free, barilan sa abandoned warehouse/factory, action star kills main contrabida, the end. Of course even if the star is outnumbered, he manages to survive without any major injury - the goons have poor accuracy (or "have a high miss rate" to sound IML-ish).

Now I have a question. What was the last pinoy action movie and when was it shown? I realized that the latest movies are in the comedy or romantic-comedy or horror or drama (or sexy) film genre. Are there no more action stars out there? Maybe the moviemakers know that action films won't attract as many viewers as the other genres would. Para kasing once you've seen a pinoy action film, you've seen them all. May formula rin kasi yung buong movie mismo.

No comments: