Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Desolation

I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel right now.

I have been reading Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, and I must say Marius and Armand are my favorite characters. Their story was first told in The Vampire Armand, (obviously) a book about the life of Armand. I was enamored of them both and was fascinated with their relationship. When Marius and Armand were happy, I was also happy. And when they were in a state of despair, I was in one too. And when their perfect world crumbled and they were sundered, I was crestfallen. That was a month ago. I read this book during the last weeks of September. In my opinion, it did not have a happy ending.

This afternoon, I have finished reading the other side of the story - Marius' life - in Blood and Gold. Marius' life is a long one, for he is an ancient being, and I loved him (and Armand) even more after reading the book. Again I feel how I felt when I finished The Vampire Armand, for this book too had no happy ending.

Rice has created characters that for me, are almost as real as you and me.

This piece of writing does not explain what is in my heart. And after reading and rereading what I have written above, I do not see my point in writing all of these.

No comments: