Wednesday, November 01, 2006

When I was a Kid

Mami worked as an accountant in a placement agency during the '80s and early '90s. Sometimes, she would bring me and my brother to her office when we were still here in Manila. The office was big and spacious - and I remember I liked going there because to me, it was a playground. I would play all day with bond papers, staplers, punchers, paper cutters, paper clips, ballpens, Stabillo Boss highlighters... all the office supplies became my toys. Sometimes, I was even allowed to "play" with the photocopying machine and the electronic typewriter - with supervision of course. And there was this one time when Mami was talking on the phone, and then I pressed the plunger because I wanted to know what would happen. After that, I knew that pressing the plunger while someone was talking on the phone would result to me being scolded.

Recently, Mami said that sometimes, her boss would also bring his son to the office, and me and my brother played with him. I don't remember the boy though, I just remember the boss. Apparently, the boy we were playing with would grow up to be... tentenenen! Carlos Agassi. I asked kuya if he remembered the kid and he said yes. He also said that little Amir was annoying (like he is now). Hahaha

There. A little piece of my childhood. I figured I'd document memories now before they all are gone from my head.

No comments: