Saturday, March 17, 2007

Just in the Nick of Time

At around 6:45pm yesterday, Dean was struck by the brilliant idea of going to the Engg library to borrow a book for our paper. We literally ran from IML to the CS parking lot where my car was parked to beat the 7pm closing time of the lib.

At the library, I asked the guy who checks students' IDs if I may still go in (Dean was already inside. He got off the car and ran to the lib while I parked the car). Looking at his watch, he said I may if I can do what I have to do in 10 minutes. So Dean and I looked for the book we needed... and we couldn't find it. We knew time was running out... Dean said to 'use my charms' to get help from the ID guy. But, being the shy person that I am... er... I sort of eluded the task of getting help by suggesting that he use his charms on the girl who was putting back books on the shelves. He did just that and yey! The girl found the book we were looking for. Hehe :)

Ok, I'll go back to work now.

No comments: