Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wheel of Time and Other Stuff

Besides playing PSP games and self-studying Java, reading has also been eating a LOT of my time. A month ago, I started reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I'm now burying my nose on the 5th installment of the series, and I must say that I am enjoying every bit of it. I even had a few dreams that I was an Aes Sedai. Hahaha funny. I think those who have the luxury to spend some of their time reading must include the WoT series in their list of books to read.

I also squeezed a Nicholas Sparks novel (Dear John) sometime when I was reading WoT's Book 2. I found it in Kuya's room (he's my source of books to read :D). It seemed interesting, and when I started reading it, I couldn't put it down so I finished it in a night. My eyes were puffy from crying because of that book. It was the first Nicholas Sparks novel that I read... I don't know if I'd want to read another though. I don't want to cry like that again.

On to other things. Last Saturday, Argel and I went out with my high school friends to play badminton somewhere in Marikina. The badminton courts there I think are a lot cheaper compared to the ones located in Quezon City. It was my first time to play badminton with a net. :D I tire easily though, so I was the one who played the least games. Most of the time, I just watched them play doubles. I think Argel was in most of the games (doubles and singles). And I also lost to Argel a number of times. I didn't win even once against him. Huhu

Then Sunday was PBA night. It was my first time to watch a PBA game. The game was between Ginebra and Air 21 at the Big Dome. I'm not a basketball fan, but I really enjoyed watching the game, not just because of the tight game, but also because of watching people get excited with all the shouting and the booing and the trash talking fans. Argel and the other guys were among the fans who were yelling at the top of their lungs (Jeric and Yugs and two other SZ guys were there). Because of the atmosphere at the coliseum, I even found myself also cheering for Ginebra. Hehe :D They won the game last Sunday. Tomorrow is Game 7, we won't be watching it but I hope Ginebra wins. :)

Hmmm... That's it. I will be blogging again when I feel like it. :D

No comments: