Monday, May 22, 2006

Batangas Beach!

My first ever beach outing with my college friends just happened last weekend, and I loved every moment of it!

Six of us went to Batangas via Glenn's 5-million-peso land cruiser :D The rest (8 of them) traveled by public utility vehicles. It was a comfortable trip, with the aircon and the food and the singing. But it would have been better and a lot more enjoyable if all of us traveled together. Next time, we should have a more spacious vehicle.

Sadly, due to the "devastation of typhoon Caloy" (as we called it), the shore to Glenn's beach house was destroyed. The caretakers said they have not experienced a typhoon as strong as Caloy, and have not seen waves bigger than the waves the last typhoon caused. Sayang, di ko nakita yung place in its full beauty.

If there's one thing I have learned in this trip, it's the appreciation of goggles. I just don't know why. I have used goggles before, but it was only this time that I have fully appreciated its use. When I saw the fishes and the rocks under the sea... It was like, "Wow! I can see fishes!" I was so happy. Haha

The tambay hours was always fun, of course. We played games, made jokes, made tons of hirit, made kwento while eating, played poker, trash-talked the dog and the wrong neighbor... :D The dog ate the hotdogs and left only one piece. The neighbor... let's just say it was a case of mistaken identity. :D

Ha! I have so much to say but I don't know how to say it. It was just so fun and I loved the swimming. I hope for more outings like these. I love the water! (Though I didn't swim on the second day... which was good since the girls who did swim were "jollibeed" as liz would say it.)

Beach! Fun.

Oh, and one thing I'll add to my non-existent list of long-term goals: buy a car like the land cruiser. ;)

No comments: