Monday, June 05, 2006

To Study or Not to Study...

I had a "heart-to-heart" talk with my thesis advisers this morning. We talked about my options regarding the financing of my graduate studies. You see, for the past years, MS students of UP IML were always granted scholarships. Since UPD is the only university that offers graduate studies in the field of Microelectronics, students applying for scholarship in that field have no competitors from other schools. But this year, it seems that Ateneo has also opened graduate studies for Microelectronics, so the competition for scholarship application became tight. This sem, the screening committee gave more weight to grades... and with my 2.4 GWA... hehe... I lost the scholarship to Ateneans who had better grades.

It would have been ok for my parents or my brother to pay for my tuition fee, but it increased to 1500/unit for new graduate students. Also, my brother is to resign from his current work soon, and my dad won't return to Saudi Arabia to work again once he gets home. So I don't know if pursuing MS studies is still a wise decision...

Anyway... I sure missed UP! And I don't know why but the campus looked exceptionally beautiful to me. Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone.
This is me at the EEE 3rd floor. You don't recognize EEE? Oh yeah... My beautiful babi face is a large obstruction. ;)
And this is AS. See? The campus is beautiful.

4 comments:

ScIoN said...

Bad trip.

Then pursuing MS in Microelectronics would no longer be an option for me too.

Ever tried DOST? Kasi yung scholarship available ay para sa Microelectronics field... unless DOST scholarship etong naibigay sa Ateneans. Intel scholarship?

Elman said...

yep. DOST scholarship yan. di ko alam yung sa intel. sabi ni sir hizon naghahanap pa sila ng ibang scholarship... pero hindi sigurado kung makakakuha nga...

Elman said...

di pa ako enrolled. :D haaay... baka kelangan ko na talaga magtrabaho. hahaha

oNiN said...

sayang naman yung scholarship. if i know, walang binatbat yung arnean na yun sayo. naku, matutuwa si gordon sa comment kong to!

haha, animo... bahala ka nang magdagdag.