Thursday, July 06, 2006

Driving

I drove to school today. It was the scariest driving experience I had. I brought the car because I didn't want to ride PUVs to school since it was raining hard. But it rained even harder when I was about to turn right to Katipunan road, so I can barely see anything around me. I was so scared of hitting another car, or of another car hitting me, thinking the if-I-can't-see-them-then-they-can't-see-me thought. Then I noticed red lights in front of me, and I realized that they have turned on their headlights so I must be seeing their taillights. I turned on mine too... and drove slowly. After a few minutes, the rain turned into a drizzle, and eventually stopped just as I arrived at the campus. It was a good thing that for the ride home, the rain started when I was near Ligaya, so it means the village is near. Otherwise, it would have been scarier because aside from raining, it was also getting dark, lessening visibility even more.

Have you watched the movie Shutter? I think there was a scene where the guy was driving and when he looked at the rearview mirror, he saw a bloody lady seating in the backseat. Madami rin yatang pinoy horror movies na may ganung scene. What if that happens to me? I would probably scream... and then the ghost would probably think, "Woohoo! Another victim!" But that's just my speculation. I mean, I don't know if the ghosts' job is really scaring people.

No comments: