Two weeks ago, I volunteered to do what I think was one of the worst jobs in the world - collating our thesis group's halfway documentation. My eyes and my arms hurt from being in front of the pc too long. I was up until the wee hours, clicking away with the mouse and ctrl-c-ing and ctrl-v-ing...
I did finish the job (my thesis mates would have killed me if I didn't) and we submitted it on time. But not without tons of errors. There were typos... words were spelled incorrectly... there were even duplicated words. The most hilarious mistake was pointed out by Marco who printed the third part of the document. In the List of Figures, there was Figure 3-2. Schematic Diagram of Cock Generator. What?! We looked at the page where the figure was... and there it was... the Schematic Diagram of Cock Generator it is. I must have been very sleepy at the time I was typing that I didn't notice there was no letter 'l'. And to think that we submitted that document to our thesis advisers, to the 198 handlers, and to our panel.
I learned my lesson. I will not volunteer to collate for the final documentation. I'll volunteer to do the proofreading instead. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment